David “Davy” Crockett

David "Davy" Crockett  remains one of the best-known American folk heroes.  Although commonly referred to in popular culture as "King of the Wild ...
Read More 

Harry L Robinson

Harry L. Robinson was born October 7, 1880, in Baltimore, Maryland. He was educated in the Baltimore City Public Schools, and was graduated from the Baltimore City College in 1900; studied law at the Baltimore Law School (since consolidated with the University of Maryland) and received the Degree of L.L.B. in 1914. He was admitted to the Bar in 1914, but has never been actively engaged in the practice of law.

He entered the Civil Service in 1908 and is now Assistant Comptroller of Customs; also Local Secretary of the Board of United States Civil Service Examiners. In 1905 he married Miss Elizabeth A. Schlimme, to whom two children were born – Rev. Charles M. Robinson and Mrs. Charles M. Struven. His religious affiliation was with the Clifton Avenue Methodist Church. He is the superintendent of the Sunday School, having held that position for a period over 25 years.

He was raised in Sharon Lodge, No. 182, Baltimore, on December 8, 1910, and served as Worshipful Master in 1921. He became a Life Member of Sharon Lodge in 1940. He was exalted in Belvidere Chapter, No. 39, Royal Arch Chapter, and served as High Priest.

He was greeted in Concordia Council, No. 1, Royal and Select Master; knighted in Beauseant Commandery , No. 8 Knights Templar; become a member of Chesapeake Consistory, Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite on December 12, 1941.

He was made a Noble of Boumi Temple, Ancient Arabic Order, Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, in 1937; a member of Baltimore Forest, No. 45, Tall Cedars of Lebanon; Masonic Veteran Association, having served as its President; and is now President of the Past Masters’ Association of Baltimore City.

He was elected Right Worship Deputy Grand Master at the Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge of Maryland in 1940, and was elected Most Worshipful Grand Master at the Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge of Maryland in 1942.

Main Menu